Come Together for Georgia Gives Day- Nov 17th
Help build support for a nonprofit you love with the #Unselfie competition!
Georgia Gives Day 2016 is a little less than a month away! Thanks to cause champions like you, Georgia now has a giving movement that continues to grow. Together, we’ve raised more than $9 million for Georgia’s nonprofits during our first four years, and Georgia Center for Nonprofits invite you to join them in making November 17 the biggest day of giving in Georgia history!
They’re bringing back the #Unselfie and asking everyone to get creative and do some social sharing about why you give. You could win up to $500 for your favorite nonprofit!
Here’s how the #Unselfie competition works:
1. Between now and November 11th, take a selfie that shares why you’re planning to give. Here’s a handy-dandy printable #Unselfie template for you.
2. Include hashtags: #GAgivesday #Unselfie
3. Post it to your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, including both hashtags in the post: #GAgivesday and #Unselfie (That way, they can easily find them and share through the GA Gives Day Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
4. On the week of November 14th, they’ll post a gallery of the top ten finalists on Facebook and count on followers to vote for their favorite with a Like.
5. Winners will have a donation made in their name to a Georgia Gives Day nonprofit of their choice– $500 for 1st place, $150 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd.
It’s not too early to give!
Visit GAgives.org to donate to a nonprofit today! The 2016 campaign has officially started, so all donations from now through Nov. 17 count towards this year’s total.